Fresh Watermelon Feta Salad with Mint is the perfect mixture of sweet and savory flavors. This cold side dish is perfect for summer barbecues and picnics.
This recipe only has 4 ingredients and is simple to make. Just combine the ingredients and serve.
I know it may sound funny to eat feta cheese with watermelon, but trust me – it works!
Watermelon Feta Salad with Mint Ingredients
To make this refreshing summer side dish, you will need the following ingredients (scroll down to the recipe below for exact measurements):
- Feta cheese
- Olive oil
- Mint leaves
How to Make Watermelon Salad
Making watermelon feta salad is so easy. It takes just 10 minutes and most of that time is spent cutting the watermelon into cubes.
- Cut the watermelon in bite size cubes.
- Add the watermelon to a big bowl and pour the oil over it.
- Stir gently and top with feta cheese and mint.
- You can make this salad spicy by adding chili oil. Just use one tablespoon chili oil and one tablespoon olive oil. If you don’t have chili oil, add a teaspoon of red chili flakes to the olive oil and let it sit for some time for the flavors to combine. If you make it spicy, add limes.
- Add cucumber for some added freshness.
Tips for Making Salad with Watermelon
- This salad tastes best with high quality ingredients. Make sure you pick the best watermelon. It should be ripe and juicy.
- I would not make this ahead of time. Serve immediately. If you must make it ahead of time, keep all the ingredients in separate containers and mix when read to serve.
- Use fresh herbs, not dried. Even prepackaged herbs can lack flavor. If you don’t have a garden, try an indoor hydroponic garden (affiliate link). I love growing basil, mint and cilantro right on my counter top!
What to Serve with Watermelon Salad
This Mediterranean side dish is perfect for serving at summer cookouts. Try it with some lamb kabobs, gryos, and grilled vegetables.