This Very Berry Protein Smoothie is packed with your favorite fruits, like strawberries and blueberries. It is a delicious way to start your morning.
Smoothies are so refreshing, especially during warmer weather. They are packed with nutrients and make a great breakfast or other meal replacement.
If you are always on the go like me, you can make a big batch in your Ninja Countertop Blender and keep it in the fridge. Just pour and go in the morning!
This recipe varies from the type of smoothie I usually make, as it doesn’t involve ice or liquids as the main ingredient. The main ingredients in this fruit smoothie is FRUIT! Liquids are only used to thin it out.
Of course, you can add ice or use frozen berries if you prefer a colder smoothie.
This post contains affiliate links.
Protein Smoothie Ingredients
To make this easy protein smoothie, you will need the following ingredients (go down to the recipe below for exact quantities and instructions):
- frozen strawberries: using frozen strawberries make the smoothie thicker and colder
- vanilla protein powder
- Oikos Triple Zero Mixed Berry Greek Yogurt
- Water: this is used to thin out the smoothie to make it more drinkable
How to Make a Fruit Smoothie
- Add all ingredients together in a blender. [I recommend the Ninja Professional Blender.] Mix at highest speed for thirty seconds.
- Check the consistency of the smoothie. If it is too thick, add more water, apple juice or almond milk and blend 60 more seconds until thoroughly blended. Texture should be thick but thin enough to drink through a straw.
- Serve cold and add whipped cream and fresh strawberry for extra sweetness.
I could literally drink these all day. Let me know if you try it and how it turned out!
Can I Use Fresh Strawberries in a Smoothie Instead of Frozen Strawberries?
The reason I use frozen strawberries in a smoothie is the frozen strawberries really add that thick consistency a smoothie should have.
You can use fresh strawberries in a smoothie instead of frozen strawberries, but I recommend adding ice to the blender to give it the right consistency.
- Use chocolate protein powder for a smoothie that taste like chocolate covered strawberries!
- Try different berries, like blackberries, cranberries, or boysenberries.
- Use almond milk or apple juice instead of water.
- You can remove the protein powder if you just want a regular fruit smoothie.
More Smoothie Recipes
Want more smoothies? Try these 15 Delicious Summer Smoothie Recipes.