Spiced Rum Bundt Cake is an indulgent cake with a butter rum drizzle on top. Turn the classic rum cake recipe up a notch with spiced rum.
If you have never used a bundt pan before, it is quite easy! Click here to learn all about bundt pans.
Spiced Rum Bundt Cake Ingredients
To make this easy bundt cake recipe, you will need the following ingredients (see the recipe card below for exact amounts):
- Cake flour
- Baking powder
- Orange zest
- Rum: you will need both spiced rum and light rum for this recipe
- Powdered sugar
- Vanilla extract
How to Make Bundt Cake with Rum
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Make the batter. Using a large bowl or stand mixer, combine the butter and sugar until creamy. Add in the eggs with the orange zest. Let mix for about one minute. Add in the flour, baking powder, rum, and milk, mixing until the batter is smooth and creamy.
- Bake the cake. Pour batter into lightly sprayed bundt pan. Bake for about 25-30 minutes, or until you can stick a toothpick in the center of the cake and it comes out clean.
- Let cool. Set the cake aside to cool. Once cool, flip the cake over on a plate and remove from pan.
How to Make Butter Rum Drizzle
Combine the powdered sugar, vanilla, and light rum to the melted butter. Whisk together until smooth and creamy. Pour over rum cake, letting it drizzle down the sides.
Tips for Spiced Rum Cake
- For drizzle without rum, you can substitute milk or water.
- If you prefer a thicker drizzle, add additional powdered sugar, one Tablespoon at a time, until you reach the consistency you prefer.
- You can substitute any flavor of rum! There are so many to choose from, and you can mix and match for cake and frosting. Try pineapple rum or vanilla rum.
More Delicious Bundt Cake Recipes
This Wilton Bundt Pan is affordable and has handles for easy use.