Need to feed a hungry crowd? Cut down on time with these easy, tasty Sheet Pan Quesadillas. Seasoned shredded chicken and melty cheese make this recipe irresistible!
All your favorite quesadilla ingredients are placed on tortillas on a tray and baked in the oven. Placing a second sheet pan on top holds them together while baking to make perfectly browned tortillas.
This recipe is a favorite for Mexican dinner night. Serve with a side of sour cream, guacamole and salsa.
Sheet Pan Quesadillas Ingredients
To make this chicken quesadillas recipe, you will need the following ingredients (see the recipe card below for exact amounts):
- Salted butter: Feel free to use unsalted butter. Coconut oil, grapeseed oil, or vegetable oil would also work.
- 10-inch tortillas: I used flour tortillas, but you could try whole wheat, corn, or another type. Other types of tortillas may break easier when not warmed first.
- Precooked shredded chicken: Shredded beef, ground beef, shredded pork, sausage, or even cooked bacon would work in this recipe.
- Colby jack cheese: Any other type of melty cheese will work. I love sharp cheddar cheese, mozzarella, or even pepper jack.
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
How to Make Quesadillas in a Sheet Pan
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit and coat a half sheet pan with 2 Tablespoons of the melted salted butter.
- Place six tortillas around the edges of the sheet pan making sure half of the tortilla is hanging off the edge of the sheet pan. The tortillas should be overlapping each other. Place one tortilla in the center of the sheet pan to cover the gap.
- Sprinkle the shredded chicken over the entire sheet pan followed by the shredded Colby jack cheese.
- In a small bowl, mix the garlic powder, onion powder, and cumin together. Sprinkle your spice mix over the cheese.
- Add 1-2 tortillas to the center of the sheet pan and then fold in the remaining tortilla halves that are hanging over the edge of the sheet pan. Brush the remaining butter on top of the tortillas.
- Place another half sheet pan on top of the tortillas, base down. This will add pressure to the quesadillas so they hold their shape.
- Cook in the oven for 15 minutes and then remove the top sheet pan. Cook for another 5 minutes and remove from the oven.
- Cut quesadillas and serve with a squeeze of lime juice and a sprinkle of minced cilantro as garnishes, optional.
What if I Don’t Have a Sheet Pan?
You can use a 9×13 baking dish.
How do I store these Sheet Pan Quesadillas?
Because these quesadillas have chicken in them, you will need to store them in the refrigerator for no longer than three days. Make sure they are in an airtight container.
What are other garnishes I can use?
I love to load my quesadillas with plenty of garnishes. Here are a few of my favorites:
- Add avocado slices or guacamole to the top of the quesadilla after baking.
- Use Pico de Gallo or regular salsa as a dip or sauce to pour on top.
- Drop dollops of sour cream or plain Greek yogurt on the quesadilla or to the side.
- Sprinkle even more cheese on top and let it melt from the heat, or add it during the last five minutes of cooking.
- Make these vegetarian quesadillas by substituting bell peppers for the shredded chicken!