Hot Chocolate Sheet Pan Pancakes is an easy pancake recipe made with chocolate sauce and melted marshmallows.
With sheet pan recipes, you make everything in one pan. A sheet pancake is just like a traditional pancake, but so much easier! You’re not stuck at the skillet flipping pancakes and you can make enough for a crowd all at the same time. This is hands down the easiest way to make pancakes.
Hot Chocolate Pancakes Ingredients
To make these pancakes from scratch, you will need the following ingredients (go to the recipe below for exact amounts):
- All-Purpose Flour
- Powdered Sugar
- Baking Powder
- Cocoa Powder
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- Vanilla Extract
- Dark Chocolate Chips
- Mini Marshmallows
How to Make Sheet Pan Pancakes
- Prepare the oven and sheet pan. Preheat the oven to 350F. Prepare a sheet pan with parchment paper and grease the paper with butter.
- Mix dry ingredients. In a large bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, granulated sugar, cornstarch, baking powder, cocoa powder, and salt.
- Mix wet ingredients. In a small bowl, combine the eggs, 1 ½ cups of heavy whipping cream, the vanilla extract, and 5 tablespoons of butter, whisking to combine.
- Combine ingredients and add to pan. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until combined. Pour the batter into a sheet pan. Jiggle the pan slightly to spread the batter evenly across the pan.
- Make the chocolate sauce. Heat the remaining ½ cup of heavy whipping cream (either in the microwave or on the stove top), until it simmers. Pour the hot heavy cream over the dark chocolate chips in a bowl, and allow to sit for a minute or two before stirring to combine. Using a spoon, drop dollops of the chocolate sauce over the entire sheet pancake.
- Melt the marshmallows. Heat the mini marshmallows in the microwave for about 45 seconds, stirring until smooth. Drop dollops of the melted marshmallow over the sheet pancake.
- Bake the pancakes. Using a butter knife, slowly drag it through the batter to swirl the chocolate and marshmallow through the batter. Bake for 10-15 minutes, checking the middle with a toothpick to confirm doneness.
- Add toppings. If desired, top with remaining chocolate sauce and additional marshmallows.
Can I Used Boxed Pancake Mix?
Yes! Simply follow the box pancake mix instructions and add the cocoa to it.
How Do I Store Sheet Pan Pancakes?
You can store any leftover pancakes in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-5 days. These also freeze really well and can be kept in the freezer for up to 2 months. Reheat in the microwave for a quick breakfast.
Can I Eat Pancakes Warm or Cold?
Either! We love them fresh out of the oven and they are just as good after they’ve cooled down to room temperature.
Tips for Sheet Pancakes
- If you prefer a golden brown color on your pancakes, simply pop them under the broiler for a minute or two. Do not walk away (they can burn super quickly). Keep a close eye on the pancakes and remove them as soon as they have reached the color you like.
- If using a 9×13 cake pan, make sure to split the batter in half or you will end up with pancakes that are super thick and not cooked through. Pancakes are definitely something you don’t want served half baked.
- I prefer to use butter on the sheet pan (vs cooking spray) as it adds more flavor to the pancakes as they bake.
Monday 5th of September 2022
Please include what size sheet pan you use with the recipe as there are several different sizes...
Tuesday 6th of September 2022
@cho, It is linked in the Recommended Products section of the recipe card - a regular Baker's half sheet pan.