Do you love cookie dough? Do you find yourself sneaking spoonfuls of it while baking cookies? Well, I have some good news for you – you can now enjoy edible chocolate chip cookie dough without any worries! In this article, I’ll share with you a delicious and safe recipe for edible chocolate chip cookie dough that you can make at home.
This tasty edible cookie dough is made with peanut butter and chickpeas. This butter-free and egg-free cookie dough is also vegan.
This cookie dough is amazing in this Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Milkshake recipe.
This post contains affiliate links.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
Safe to Consume – Contrary to popular belief, it is raw flour and not the raw egg in cookie dough that is unsafe. Raw cookie dough can be risky to eat, even with heat treated flour. There is no flour in this cookie dough, so it is completely safe to eat!
Versatile – Now that you have this simple and delicious recipe, you can indulge in edible chocolate chip cookie dough anytime you want. Whether you’re enjoying it on its own, mixing it into ice cream, or using it as a topping for desserts, this edible cookie dough is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth. So go ahead, grab a spoon, and enjoy this guilt-free treat!
Edible Cookie Dough Ingredients
To make this edible cookie dough recipe, you will need the following ingredients (scroll down to the recipe below for precise amounts):
- organic chickpeas (aka garbanzo beans)
- unsalted, natural peanut butter
- pure maple syrup
- Himalayan salt
- pure vanilla extract
- vegan chocolate chips: you can use regular milk chocolate chips or semi sweet chocolate chips if you don’t have any dietary restrictions.
How to Make Edible Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
- First, drain and rinse the chickpeas. Remove the skins/peels of the chickpeas.
- Rinse the chickpeas again and pat dry before transferring into your food processor. A blender might work, but it could heat up the mixture too much, so that when you add the chocolate chips, they would melt. You would have to be chill the dough for a little bit before you add the chocolate chips.
- Add the peanut butter, salt, vanilla and maple syrup to the food processor and pulse or let it whip until you have a super smooth consistency.
- The dough starts to ball up a bit towards the end and needs to be pushed back down in the food processor to make sure it gets all the little bits.
- Scoop the packed cookie dough into a small mixing bowl and fold in the chocolate chips. Of course, you can add more chocolate chips if you would like!
- And that is it! Enjoy your delicious edible vegan chocolate chip cookie dough.
Do I Have to Peel the Chickpeas?
This recipe requires you to peel each individual chickpea, which requires some patience!
This step can be skipped, but it would change the texture and that’s an important factor when it comes to replicating the flavor and consistency of conventional cookie dough. It takes about 12 uninterrupted minutes to peel a whole can of chickpeas.
You can store the vegan chocolate chip cookie dough in an air tight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. You can also freeze the cookie dough, just let it thaw to room temperature before eating it so it won’t be mealy.
Amazing Cookie Recipes
Prefer your cookie dough baked? Try these delicious cookie recipes:
- Oatmeal Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
- Reese’s Pieces Cookies
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookies
- Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies
- White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Oatmeal Cookies