Creamy Sausage One Pot Pasta is an easy, delicious dinner that requires very little clean up! It is made with Italian Sausage, wine, heavy cream, and pasta of your choice. I like to use thick noodles like fettuccine or linguine.
What I love about one pot recipes is that you don’t have to drain the noodles!
For one pot pasta recipes, I suggest using a very large pot. I love using my Lodge 7.5 Quart Dutch Oven (affiliate link). There is plenty of room for all the ingredients to cook, and you can stir easily without spilling over the sides.
If you like one pot pasta dishes, try my Instant Pot Gluten Free Mac and Cheese.
Creamy Sausage One Pot Pasta Ingredients
To make this pasta with sausage recipe, you will need the following ingredients (see the recipe card below for exact amounts):
- olive oil
- red bell pepper
- salt and pepper
- red pepper flakes
- Italian sausage
- dry white wine
- marinara sauce
- heavy cream
- pasta of choice
How to Make Pasta in Only One Pot
You only need one pot for this recipe (yes!), so choose wisely and great ready to make this amazing creamy sausage one pot pasta. First you are going to saute the vegetables and brown the meat.
- In a pot over medium-high heat, heat the oil and saute the peppers and onions for 8 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic, red pepper flakes, and a good pinch of salt and pepper.
- Add the Italian sausage to the pot and cook with the peppers and onions until browned.
- Pour the wine into the pot and give it a good stir scraping the bottom of the pan as well. Pour the marinara sauce and 3 cups of water into the pot.
- Stir the pasta into the mixture until well-combined.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to medium-low, and cover. Simmer 15 to 17 minutes, stirring occasionally adding more water as needed to prevent sticking and burning (more often towards the end).
- When the pasta is cooked through, stir in the cream, and Parmesan cheese. Allow the cheese to melt, about 2-3 minutes.
Your Creamy Sausage One Pot Pasta is now ready to serve! I always like to sprinkle parsley and additional Parmesan cheese on top.
What is the Best White Wine to Use for Cooking?
For cooking, you want to use a white wine that is dry, not sweet. So don’t grab that bottle of Riesling. You also don’t want to use Chardonnay, as it has a strong, oaky flavor.
- Pinot Grigio is the best white wine to use in cooking, as it is the most neutral and most versatile.
- Sauvignon Blanc is also a good white wine to cook with, and is best in seafood dishes or dishes with heavy cream.