Crack Corn Dip is a cold and creamy Mexican corn dip. Corn gives it a sweet and savory taste, and jalapenos add a kick of heat. Terrific blends of flavor!
I know what you are thinking. Corn? In a dip? Yes! Scoop with tortillas chips for the ultimate crunch! Similar to elote, this dip is packed with flavor, but easier to eat off of the cob.
This easy appetizer is best served cold. However, you can make a warm variety of this dish in a slow cooker.
Crack Corn Dip Ingredients
To make this crack dip recipe, you will need the following ingredients (print the recipe below for detailed amounts):
- Cream cheese
- Colby jack cheese: you can substitute sharp cheddar if you prefer.
- Canned corn
- Green onions
- Cotija cheese
How to Make Mexican Street Corn Dip
- Add cream cheese, mayo, cheese, salt and pepper to a large mixing bowl. Using an electric hand or stand mixer, mix until well blended.
- Add in all remaining ingredients minus a handful of the cotija cheese for garnishing. Mix well.
- Cover and place inside the refrigerator for 30 minutes before serving.
- Sprinkle the remaining cotija cheese over the dip before serving. Serve with tortilla chips and garnish with jalapeno slices, optional.
- Add diced green chilies in addition to or in place of the jalapenos.
- Sprinkle paprika on top for a true elote taste.
- Add diced green peppers for more color.
Serve this dish with scoop tortilla chips or Fritos corn chips. You can also serve this dish with veggies.
Store leftovers inside the refrigerator for 3-4 days after preparing.