Crack Chicken Dip is a delicious creamy, bacon-y, cheesy, chicken dip with a hint of spice. Perfect for any party or game night.
Need a quick, delicious appetizer or game day snack? This cheesy dip is full of bacon and chicken and is sure to please all your guests.
This one skillet dip is super easy to bake up and serve. If you don’t have a skillet, no problem. Try chicken bacon ranch dip in a casserole dish.
This post contains affiliate links.
Crack Chicken Dip Ingredients
To make this chicken dip appetizer, you will need the following ingredients (see the recipe card below for exact amounts):
- Cream cheese: I used full fat Philadelphia cream cheese, but you can use reduced fat as well.
- Sour cream
- Spicy Ranch Dip: Hidden Valley is a great choice. If you don’t like things spicy you can use regular ranch dip.
- Canned chicken: Canned chicken is moist and good, but you can substitute any cooked, shredded chicken like a Rotisserie chicken.
- Green chile: these add a delicious spice to the dish, but you can omit them if you don’t like spicy.
- Bacon: you definitely don’t want to omit this!
- Monterey Jack cheese: substitute with any cheese you like.
- Pepper Jack cheese: gives this another bit of spice, but feel free to use another kind if you want.
- Chives: these are milder than green onions. Omit if you prefer.
How to Make Dip in a Skillet
For this recipe, you will need a 9 inch cast iron skillet (8 or 10 inch work as well) or a 1 quart baking dish.
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Mix the ingredients. In a mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese and sour cream, then mix in the ranch mix. Add the chicken, green chile and bacon to the cream cheese and mix, then add ¾ cup Monterey jack cheese and pepper jack cheese. Mix in a tablespoon of chives.
- Prepare dip in skillet. Spread mixture in a skillet or a baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake the dip. Place the skillet dip in the oven and bake till bubbly and cheese is melted, about 20 minutes.
- Garnish and serve. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with chives.
What to Serve with Crack Chicken Dip
Of course you can serve this the traditional way, with crackers, chips, vegetables for dipping. You can serve on plates, but I love to serve right out of the skillet. Make sure to let everyone know the skillet will be hot!
You can also use it as the filling for this amazing Christmas Tree Pull-Apart Bread.
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.