This Hot Crab Dip with Cream Cheese appetizer recipe is a twist on your favorite Old Bay Seasoning dip. With added lemon, garlic and double the cheese, this cheesy dip recipe is better than ever!
This post contains affiliate links.
Hot Crab Dip Ingredients
To make this creamy crab dip recipe, you will need the following ingredients (see the recipe card below for exact amounts):
- Cream cheese: Make sure the cream cheese is room temp so it will mix easily and won’t slow down cooking time.
- Old Bay Seasoning
- Ground mustard
- Garlic powder
- Crab meat: Lump crab meat is best.
- Lemon: Lemon helps cut through any fishy taste from the crab.
- Shredded cheddar cheese
How to Make Crab Dip with Cream Cheese
- Prep your oven and baking dish. Prepare your oven for baking by preheating to 350 degrees. Lightly spray a 2 quart baking dish with non-stick spray and set aside.
- Mix the ingredients. In a medium sized bowl, mix together the cream cheese and mayonnaise until smooth. Add the Old Bay Seasoning, ground mustard and garlic powder until fully combined.
- Place dip in baking dish. Gently fold in the crab with the lemon juice and place the mixture inside the prepared baking dish. Top with cheddar cheese.
- Bake the dip. Bake for 30 minutes or until hot throughout and bubbly on top. The edges should begin to turn golden brown.
Crab dip can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3-5 days. It is best serve in the first 24 hours.
Serve this dip with crackers, bread or veggies.
Delicious Dip Recipes
Dips make the best appetizers in my opinion! Sometimes I’d rather just eat the dip with a spoon than dip something in it. Here are some of the best dip appetizer recipes:
Pizza Dip – Layers of cream cheese, pizza sauce, mozzarella and Parmesan cheese are baked to creamy dip perfection in the oven. Dip with crackers or toasted baguettes.
Jalapeno Popper Dip – Jalapenos, cream cheese, shredded cheese and mayonnaise create the perfect balance of spicy and creamy. Topped with French’s fried onions, this dip is irrestible.
Chicken Bacon Ranch Dip – Seasoned chicken and crispy bacon are mixed with cream cheese and sour cream and baked until you have one amazing chicken dip.