This delicious Cowboy Breakfast Skillet with Sunny-Side-Up Eggs recipe uses one skillet to make an easy breakfast. Sausage, ham, potatoes, and cheese make this one of the best breakfast recipes.
I love breakfast and believe it should be the heartiest meal of the day. This breakfast skillet recipe is packed with substance and great flavor. It will definitely make breakfast colorful and interesting. This cowboy breakfast is hearty and will give you tons of energy for the day.
I love cooking in cast iron skillets. They are so durable and last forever. They can also go right from stove top to oven and even under the broiler. I recommend using a Lodge skillet.
This post contains affiliate links.
Breakfast Skillet Ingredients
To make this breakfast recipe, you will need the following ingredients (go to the recipe below for exact quantities and instructions):
- breakfast sausage links
- deli ham
- small potatoes
- cheddar cheese
- Seasonings: cumin, paprika, onion powder, salt & pepper
- green onion
- Olive oil
How to Make Breakfast in a Skillet
- Add oil to a skillet and place over medium low heat. Add diced sausage and cook until browned. Remove, set aside.
- Drizzle skillet with olive oil again. Add shredded potatoes and cook until browned. Press potatoes flat.
- Add cumin, paprika, onion powder, salt and pepper evenly over potatoes. Top with half of the cheese.
- Layer the sausage, ham, and then the cheese.Carefully crack each egg on top, evenly distributed.
- Place the skillet under the broiler for about 5 minutes or until cooked to desired temperature. [Note: Oven temperatures can vary, so keep a close eye on your eggs!]
- Garnish with green onion. Use a spatula to carefully serve.
- This egg skillet is made with sunny-side-up eggs, but you can make them scrambled if you prefer. Sunny-side-up means the eggs are cooked just until the whites are set and the yolk is still runny.
- When you serve it up and break the yolk, it almost makes like a “sauce” for the meal.
More Delicious Breakfast Recipes
- Breakfast Veggie Rings with Fried Eggs
- Egg and Sausage Muffins
- Breakfast Nachos
- Breakfast Butternut Squash
- Breakfast Overnight Casserole