This Coconut Amaretto Cocktail is perfect for a summer day (or any day you wished it was summer). Coconut and amaretto with a citrus garnish make this drink so refreshing.
This is one of the best amaretto cocktails. The almond and coconut flavor pair so nicely.
This post contains affiliate links.
What is Amaretto?
Amaretto is an Italian liqueur with an almond flavor. It is also made with apricot pits and added spices.
Amaretto has many uses beyond cocktails, including adding to pancake mix, cakes, ice cream, and other desserts.
Amaretto Cocktail Ingredients
You will have the most luck finding all the ingredients for this amaretto cocktails at a larger liquor store, as it does contain some specialty items.
- Orgeat syrup: this is a sweet syrup made from almonds, sugar, and rose water or orange flower water. If you cannot find this, you could use almond syrup.
- Cream of coconut
- Coconut Rum
- Coconut Water
- Minneola tangelo: this is a citrus fruit that looks like an orange. It is a hybrid fruit that tastes like a tangerine. Can’t find Minneolas in your store? You can easily substitute a navel orange or mandarin for your garnish.
How to Make this Cocktail
Making cocktails is as easy as pour, shake, serve!
- Combine ingredients. In a cocktail shaker, add 1/4 cup of ice, Orgreat syrup, cream of coconut, Disaronno, and coconut rum.
- Shake. Secure the lid of the cocktail shaker and shake vigorously for 30 seconds, strain into a standard rocks glass filled with ice.
- Garnish and serve. Top with a splash of coconut water (1 – 2 ounces) and garnish with a fresh slice of Minneola tangelo. Serve.
Home Bar Must Haves
Here are my favorite “tools” I keep around to keep my home bartending skills up to par.
Refreshing Cocktail Recipes
Here are some of my other favorite cocktail recipes: