Christmas Tree Rice Krispie Treats are a fun and festive treat for the holidays! This classic rice cereal treat with marshmallows is dyed and cut into the shape of Christmas trees.
This is the perfect Christmas recipe to make the the kids. They can add the sprinkles, put the pretzel “trunk” in the tree, and even decorate the trees.
Christmas Tree Rice Krispie Treats Ingredients
To make these Christmas dessert, you will need the following ingredients (go to the recipe below for exact quantities and instructions):
- rice krispie cereal
- mini marshmallows
- salted butter
- Green food coloring
- pretzel sticks: You can swap straws for the pretzel sticks.
How to Make Christmas Rice Krispies
- Grease a 9×13 baking pan. Melt butter and marshmallows in a large saucepan.
- Remove from heat and stir several drops of green food coloring until you achieve the shade of green you’d like. (Keep in mind that the shade will look slightly lighter after adding in the rice krispie cereal).
- Stir in the rice krispie cereal until evenly coated.
- Spread the mixture evenly into your prepared baking dish.
- Add an even layer of sprinkles across the top of the rice krispies.
- Allow to fully cool before slicing your Christmas trees. You will first make one even cut lengthwise to form two rectangles, followed by cutting out 6 even triangles from each rectangle (with 4 leftover uneven pieces from the edges total, see photo for example).
- Carefully place a pretzel stick into the bottom of each tree and they’re ready to serve, enjoy!
- Optional: Make plain rice krispie treats for the tree stand.
How to Decorate Christmas Tree Treats
You can get creative with your Christmas Rice Krispie Treats and add icing for garland, stars, play with other food dye colors or use cut up plain rice krispies as “tree stands.”