Need a quick dinner? Cheesy Chili Dog Casserole is an easy, one dish meal made with hot dogs and baked to cheesy perfection.
Hot dogs are wrapped in buttery crescent roll dough and laid in a bed of chili with beans. Cover in cheese and bake in the oven. So quick and easy, and SO delicious!
Chili cheese dogs are delicious but can be super messy, so why not eat with a fork and knife? Chili cheese dog bake is just as good as the original!
Cheesy Chili Dog Casserole Ingredients
To make this chili cheese dog recipe, you will need the following ingredients (see the recipe card below for exact amounts):
- Canned chili with beans: you can do without beans if you prefer and any brand is fine. You also use homemade chili.
- Crescent roll sheets: you can also use crescent rolls, which are already pre-cut.
- Brown sugar: this helps the chili have more flavor.
- Chili powder
- Garlic salt
- Hot dogs
- Cheese: I used a Mexican blend, but cheddar, mozzarella, or any other cheese is fine.
How to Make Hot Dog Casserole
- Preheat the oven to 375°. Spray a 2 quart casserole dish (11×7) with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine the chili with beans, brown sugar, chili powder, and garlic salt in a small bowl. Add to casserole dish.
- Unroll the crescent roll sheet onto a cutting mat. Cut lengthwise down the middle, then cut the sheet in quarters so you have 8 pieces. Place one hot dog in the middle of a sheet and roll the sheet over the hot dog. Repeat until 8 hot dogs have been rolled.
- Place the hot dogs on the chili and bake for 20 minutes or until browned. Remove and sprinkle with the cheese, bake until cheese is melted and bubbly. Remove from the oven and serve immediately.
I think that this Creamed Corn Casserole pairs perfectly with the chili dogs. These recipes have different cook temperatures, but the corn casserole stays warm for a long time.
You can omit the brown sugar, chili powder, and garlic powder and just use the canned chili by itself.
Store leftovers in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to five days. This is best served fresh and not frozen.
More Easy Casserole Recipes
- Hamburger Hash Brown Casserole
- Sloppy Joe Tater Tot Casserole
- Doritos Chicken Casserole
- Taco Casserole