Sausage Gnocchi Soup is a spicy and heartwarming soup. Each bite is met with a savory and flavorful broth with doughy nuggets of pasta.
Red pepper flakes and spicy Italian sausage really give this soup a kick. Feel free to omit if you like less spicy flavors. This soup is sure to warm you up either way!
Gnocchi is a potato pasta, making it so soft and delicious. Making gnocchi from scratch is quite the process, so I prefer to use premade gnocchi.
Sausage Gnocchi Soup Ingredients
To make this gnocchi soup, you will need the following ingredients (see the recipe card below for exact amounts):
- pork sausage: spicy Italian is best! Can also use chicken sausage.
- yellow onion
- fennel seeds
- red pepper flakes
- Italian seasoning
- can diced tomatoes
- chicken broth
- kale: can also use spinach
- parmesan cheese
How to Make Gnocchi Soup
- Heat butter in a large soup pot over medium heat. Add the sausage and onion and cook until browned.
- Add in the garlic, fennel, red pepper flakes, Italian seasoning and salt and stir well.
- Add in diced tomatoes and chicken broth. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add in the gnocchi and kale and continue cooking for another 5-7 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve with parmesan cheese.
Refrigerate any leftover soup up to 5 days in an airtight container. Freeze for up to 3 months in an airtight container.
What to Serve with Sausage Gnocchi Soup
This recipe can yield less servings to be the full meal, or you can serve with these side dishes: