Rosemary Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Onions is a delicious vegetable side dish that can be enjoyed with any dinner, especially during the holidays.
Here is a sweet potato recipe that makes a great Thanksgiving side dish. To me, there is nothing better than cooked veggies with just a few added herbs and spices. Vegetables have so much flavor on their own, especially sweet potatoes.
This post contains my affiliate links.
Rosemary Sweet Potatoes Ingredients
- Sweet potatoes
- Sweet onion: or yellow onion, do not use red onion in this recipe as the flavor will be too overwhelming
- Olive Oil
- Rosemary: fresh is best!
- Smoked Paprika, salt and pepper
How to Make Roasted Sweet Potato and Onion
- Preheat oven to 450F and line a half sheet pan [I recommend this one] with foil and lightly grease it.
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes and onion in a bowl and add olive oil and toss to coat evenly.
- Add the chopped rosemary, smoked paprika, salt and pepper and give it a good toss again.
- Spread the potato mixture on the prepared pan in a single layer.
- Roast in the oven for 30 minutes, turning the potatoes and onions halfway through the baking time.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle additional salt and pepper to taste.
The cooking time will depend on the size and quantity of the sweet potatoes. Both the onions and sweet potato go from cooked to burnt very quickly, so keep an eye on them.