Pumpkin Muffins are an easy and delicious dessert that you will love to enjoy in the fall. Cloves, cinnamon, and nutmeg add amazing flavor to this muffin recipe.
This post contains affiliate links.
Pumpkin Muffins Ingredients
To make this easy muffin recipe, you will need the following ingredients (go to the recipe below for exact quantities and instructions):
- Sugar: I used a combination of brown sugar and granulated sugar. I liked the slight caramel flavor that the brown sugar adds to these muffins. Plus, it complements the pumpkin flavoring well.
- Vegetable oil
- Pumpkin puree: Make sure to use pumpkin puree in this recipe which consists of 100% pumpkin. I do not recommend using pumpkin pie filling because it is already presweetened and has spices added.
- All-purpose flour
- Leavening agents: I used both baking powder and baking soda to give these muffins a good rise.
- Spices: I used a combination of cloves, cinnamon, and nutmeg to achieve a well-rounded spice flavor.
How to Easily Make Muffins
Making muffins with pumpkin for fall is so easy. Just follow these simple steps:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Make muffin batter. Whisk together sugar, oil, and eggs. Add in pumpkin and water and stir. Pour in flour, baking powder, soda, cloves, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg over the wet ingredients and mix.
- Prepare muffin tin. Line muffin tin with cupcake liners and fill 2/3 cup full (I used an ice cream scoop for this step).
- Bake the muffins. Bake for 20-25 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean and the muffins spring back when gently pressed.
- Cool the muffins. Take muffins out of tins and let cool completely on a cooling rack.
Optional Add Ins
You can add a number of ingredients to pumpkin muffins to help bring them to the next level. Some of my favorite additions include:
- Chocolate chips
- Walnuts or pecans
- Raisins or dried cranberries
You can store your pumpkin muffins at room temperature for 5 to 7 days. Make sure that they are stored in an airtight container to keep them fresh.
Can I Freeze Muffins?
You can also freeze your pumpkin muffins. They can be frozen for up to three months for best quality. Make sure to thaw completely before enjoying.