This delicious chicken salad recipe with grapes is loaded with chicken, grapes, celery, and toasted almonds. It’s tossed in a light mayonnaise dressing with a hint of freshness from a little lemon juice.
This recipe is an easy, classic way to make chicken salad. All of the ingredients come together to give this dish plenty of flavor and lots of tasty texture.
Add it to salads, sandwiches, or eat it as a side dish — this chicken salad is always a crowd favorite. It’s ready in only 20 minutes and is easy to make ahead of time.
Chicken Salad Recipe with Grapes Ingredients
To make this classic chicken salad, you will need the following ingredients (go to the recipe card below for exact amounts and directions):
- Almonds: toasted almonds give this recipe so much flavor.
- Mayonnaise: you can substitute light mayonnaise for a healthier option.
- Lemon juice
- Dijon mustard
- Salt and black pepper
- Chicken breast: you can use store-bought rotisserie chicken in this recipe to save the time it would take to cook your own chicken breasts. You can also use leftovers from this roasted chicken recipe.
- Red grapes
- Green onions
How to Make Chicken Salad with Grapes
- Prep the chicken. Boil your chicken breast until cooked. Let cool and cut into cubes.
- Toast the almonds. In a small skillet, toast the almonds until lightly brown. Keep a close eye on them as they can burn quickly. Stir frequently.
- Make the dressing. In a medium bowl, stir together mayonnaise, lemon juice, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Mix the ingredients. Add in the chicken, celery, grapes, green onions, and almonds. Stir to combine. Serve immediately or cover and store in the fridge for up to a week.
My favorite way to serve chicken salad sandwiches is on a flaky croissant with fresh lettuce. You can also eat chicken salad right of the bowl. It is so delicious! Serve with a fruit salad side dish.
Optional Additions & Substitutions
- Ranch: swap out half of your mayonnaise for Ranch dressing for a fun twist on this recipe.
- Apples: sliced apples are a tasty addition to this recipe.
- Hard boiled eggs: these are another favorite to chop up and add.
- Dill: fresh dill is a popular, classic addition to garnish your chicken salad.
Store leftovers in the fridge: store any leftover chicken salad for up to a week in the fridge. It’s not recommended to freeze leftovers as it will change the texture of the chicken salad.