This buttery Instant Pot Pot Roast is delicious and full of flavor. It is loaded with veggies and seasoned with garlic, salt and pepper.
Oh, hey Fall. I see you, girl. Teasing me with your 57 degree mornings. I’m loving the morning hoodie weather. So cozy. Just like this recipe. Making me all comfortable like my Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup.
This post contains affiliate links for your shopping ease. I earn a small commission at no extra cost to you when you shop through these links.
What is an Instant Pot?
The Instant Pot is a pressure cooker and slow cooker all in one, designed to make dinner easier. This model is the #1 best seller with 4.6 out of 5 stars! I love the Instant Pot because I can do chores or spend more time with family while cooking. Set it and forget it!
Pot Roast Ingredients
To make this Instant Pot dinner recipe, you will need the following ingredients (scroll down to the recipe below for precise amounts):
How to Make Pot Roast in an Instant Pot
This pot roast in an Instant Pot recipe is so versatile, it basically teaches you how to cook pot roast in an Instant Pot, and then you can add whatever vegetables you are feeling that day. This particular recipe calls for mushrooms and radishes. Whaaat, no potatoes? That’s right! But you know I’m just going to add them later. But here is how you make pot roast in an Instant Pot:
- Slice the mushrooms and cut the radishes in half. Quarter the onions. Set aside.
- Place 1 T olive oil into the Instant Pot and set to saute.
- Caramelize the mushrooms, radishes, onions, and garlic in the the Instant Pot. You want them to still be crisp.
- Remove the veggies and set aside.
- Add the remaining olive oil to the Instant Pot.
- Salt and pepper the roast on both sides.
- Place the Instant Pot on saute and brown the roast on both sides in the Instant Pot.
- Add the butter.
- When butter is melted, pour in the beef broth and Worcestershire sauce and set the timer to 45 minutes.
- Allow the Instant Pot to depressurize, then add all the veggies back into the Instant Pot. Place the timer on 1 minute. The veggies should be fork tender.