Ghost Brownies are super cute Halloween brownie bites topped with marshmallows to create a ghostly treat that everyone will love!
Mini chocolate brownies are made in a mini muffin pan, stuffed with a Hershey Kiss, then topped with melted chocolate and a marshmallow. Draw on a fun face and you have an awesome Halloween dessert to serve at your Halloween party.
If you love ghosts, try my Halloween Boo Bark!
This post contains affiliate links.
Ghost Brownies Ingredients
To make these spooky brownie bites, you will need the following ingredients (see the recipe card below for exact amounts):
- box brownie mix: This recipe used Betty Crocker Brownie mix, but your favorite brand of mix or homemade recipe will work too.
- large eggs
- vegetable oil
- cookies and cream chocolate kisses (optional): If you want an added treat in the middle and can’t find cookies and cream kisses, any flavor kiss can be used.
- large marshmallows
- black food writer or small tube of black writing gel: A food writer works best since it dries and is not sticky. It’s also easier for kids to use.
- white chocolate chips: You could substitute candy coating for white chocolate chips, just follow melting instructions on package. Thinning with oil allows for easy pouring and gives the desired “melting ghost” effect.
How to Make Halloween Brownies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Generously grease 24-well mini muffin tin with vegetable oil or non-stick cooking spray.
- In large bowl, combine brownie mix, eggs, oil, and water or follow instructions on your favorite brownie mix. Stir until just combined. Fill wells ¾ full with batter.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted into middle of brownie.
- While brownies are cooking, draw a ghost face on each marshmallow with food writer or gel writer and set aside.
- Remove brownies from oven. (If using chocolate kisses, press 1 into the middle of each brownie, point side down until it’s flush with top of brownie. This step is optional, but adds a little crunch and extra chocolate in the middle.) Allow brownies to cool in pan for at least 10 minutes.
- Remove brownies from pan and place on parchment lined baking sheet for easy clean up. Melt white chips and 2-3 teaspoons vegetable oil in microwave safe bowl or glass measuring cup for easy pouring. Chocolate should be thin enough to pour easily. Add more oil if necessary to thin chocolate.
- Pour small amount of chocolate on top of brownie in center (about 1 teaspoon). Then top with marshmallow. Chill 5-10 minutes or until chocolate has set.
These can be stored up to 3 days in an airtight container for best flavor and freshness.