If you are looking for a quick and festive Christmas cookie recipe, try these Chocolate Covered Christmas Oreos. All you have to do is melt chocolate and dip the Oreo cookies, and you have a red and green festive cookie!
These Chocolate Covered Oreo cookies are dipped in white chocolate, and then drizzled with red and white chocolate for a festive holiday treat.
They are so quick to make and don’t require any baking. You don’t even have to turn the oven on. Melt the chocolate in the microwave and let the cookies dry on parchment paper. So easy!
This post contains affiliate links.
Christmas Oreo Cookies Ingredients
To make this easy Christmas cookie recipe, you will need the following ingredients (see the recipe card below for exact amounts):
How to Make Chocolate Covered Christmas Cookies
- Place the white candy melts in a small microwave-safe bowl and heat for 25 seconds and stir well. Repeat as necessary until melted.
- Place one Oreo in the bowl and flip with a fork. Let the extra candy drip off the Oreo and then set on a sheet of parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Repeat with all Oreos, completely covering each one with white candy melts.
- Allow the white chocolate to set before moving onto the next step of the recipe.
- Place the red candy melts in a small microwave-safe bowl and heat for 30 seconds, stirring well. Add a teaspoon of coconut oil if needed to get a thin, runny texture.
- Place the green candy melts in a small microwave-safe bowl and heat for 30 seconds, stirring well. Add a teaspoon of coconut oil if needed to get a thin, runny texture.
- Drizzle the red candy melts over the Chocolate Covered Oreo cookies, then repeat with the green candy melts.
- Allow to dry completely before serving or packaging for gifts.
Tips for Chocolate Covered Oreos
Do not put the freshly dipped cookies on a cooling rack to set. The chocolate on the bottom of the cookie will harden around the cooling rack. It is best to place them on a sheet of parchment paper.
You can store the cookies at room temperature.
More Christmas Cookie Recipes
- Chewy Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
- Christmas Lights Sugar Cookies
- Mint Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
- Snow Globe Cookies