Chewy Chocolate Peppermint Cookies are not your average Christmas cookie. Dipped in white chocolate with peppermint extract and adorned with crushed candy canes and candy cane sprinkles, these cookies are perfect for Christmas.
This is a new Christmas cookie recipe for me this year. I have my moms list of cookies that we made every single year, but I am always looking out for more Christmas cookie recipes to make. I love handing out tins of homemade cookies to people as a thank you gift.
This post contains affiliate links.
Peppermint Cookies Ingredients
To make this sweet Christmas cookie recipe, you will need the following ingredients (go to the full recipe below for detailed amounts and instructions):
- Wilton White Chocolate Melts: for dipping the cookies
- Peppermint Extract: to add the minty flavor
- Mini Candy Canes and Candy Cane Sprinkles: for decorating
- Unsalted Butter: if you use salted butter, do not add salt. They will turn out very salty!
- Cocoa Powder: to get that extra chocolaty flavor
- Baking powder, salt, flour, sugar, egg, vanilla extract: classic baking ingredients
How to Make Chewy Chocolate Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix wet ingredients and sugar. In a mixing bowl, beat the butter and sugar. [Note: I love this set of mixing bowls with grips.] Add in the egg and vanilla and beat well.
- Mix dry ingredients. In a small bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, salt, and baking powder. Add it into the sugar mixture and mix until combined well.
- Bake Cookies. Use a cookie scoop to drop cookie dough onto cookie sheets and bake for about 8-10 minutes. Cool the cookies completely.
- Dip the cookies. Melt the white chocolate per package directions and add peppermint extract to taste (1/4 tsp should be enough). Mix well. Dip each cookie into the chocolate until coated halfway.
- Add sprinkles. Put 2 candy cane sprinkles on the white chocolate and sprinkle crushed candy canes around on the chocolate. Let harden.
Enjoy! I bet you can’t eat just one peppermint cookie. Check out more Christmas goodies here.
Tips for Peppermint Cookies
- When dipping the cookies in the white chocolate, let the excess drip off.
- Place the cookies on parchment paper to decorate and let harden. If you place them on a cooling rack, the chocolate will harden around the rack and may tear the cookies when you remove them.
- I dip and then decorate each cookie one at a time, so that the chocolate does not harden before I can finish decorating.
- You can use a kitchen precision tweezers to place the candy canes if you have issues with mobility in your hands.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package Wilton white chocolate melts
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 3-4 mini candy canes, crushed
- candy cane sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the butter and sugar.
- Add in the egg and vanilla and beat well.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, salt, and baking powder. Add it into the sugar mixture and mix until combined well.
- Use a cookie scoop to drop cookie dough onto cookie sheets and bake for about 8-10 minutes.
- Cool the cookies completely.
- Melt the white chocolate per package directions and add the peppermint extract. Mix well.
- Dip each cookie into the chocolate until coated halfway.
- Put 2 candy cane sprinkles on the white chocolate and sprinkle crushed candy canes around on the chocolate. Let harden.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 20 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 153Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 22mgSodium: 80mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 1gSugar: 15gProtein: 2g
Did you make this recipe?
Please leave a comment on the blog or share a photo on Pinterest