This Red and Green Christmas Deviled Eggs Appetizer is so festive! Kick the classic deviled egg recipe up a notch by adding Christmas colors.
Dyed eggs are not just for Easter! These stuffed eggs make a great appetizer and are beautiful to serve.
This post contains affiliate links.
Christmas Deviled Eggs Ingredients
This is a classic deviled egg recipe, made with mayonnaise and mustard. The only thing that is changed is the eggs are dyed!
- eggs: You can buy hard-boiled eggs in the grocery store. Peeling is my least favorite part and I love to skip that step!
- ground mustard
- salt and pepper
- Paprika, for garnish
- Red food coloring
- Green food coloring
How to Make Red and Green Eggs
- First, hard boil the eggs. Add eggs to a pot and fill with water, to about an inch above the eggs. Bring to a rolling boil and remove from heat. Let sit for 10-12 minutes. Strain the water and from the pot and run cold water over the eggs to cool them down. Once cooled, peel the shell off the eggs.
- Cut eggs in half lengthwise and carefully scoop out the yolks into a bowl.
- Add mayonnaise, mustard, salt and pepper to bowl and stir until combined.
- Put 5 drops of red food coloring into a bowl of water and 5 green into another bowl of water. Place the egg whites into the colored water and allow to sit in the water for 10-15 minutes, or until the eggs are the shade you like.
- Pat the colored eggs dry.
- Fill the egg whites with the egg mayonnaise mixture.
- Arrange on a plate, cover and refrigerate up to 24 hours.
- Sprinkle paprika on top just before serving.
How to Serve Deviled Eggs
Deviled eggs can be served as hors d’oeuvres at every party or holiday dinner. Serve them on a special deviled egg plate.
Tips for Deviled Eggs
- The longer you let the eggs sit in the dye, the more vibrant the color will become. If you want intense colors and more of a true red and green, instead of pastel red and green, try the color mixture recipes in this post.
- I use a cake decorating bag and tip to fill the egg whites with the egg mayonnaise mixture to make them look extra pretty.
- Try making deviled eggs with relish in the filling.