Candied Bacon Hot Chocolate is a savory twist on a classic winter drink. Caramelized bacon garnishes homemade hot chocolate in this delicious drink.
Hot chocolate is the epitome of winter in my mind. It brings back memories of childhood. But now I’m an adult so it’s time for my hot chocolate to grow up too. That’s why I add candied bacon to it. It’s like bacon, but it’s candy.
This post contains affiliate links.
Hot Chocolate with Candied Bacon Ingredients
To make this hot chocolate recipe, you will need the following ingredients (scroll down to the recipe below for precise amounts):
- Whole milk
- Brown sugar
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- Bacon: I like to use center-cut bacon because it has less fat
- Brown sugar
- Salt and pepper
How to Make Candied Bacon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place a wire rack over a baking sheet. Trim any really fatty areas of the ends of bacon, if any. Place on rack.
- Bake for 6 minutes. Turn and bake for another 6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine brown sugar and pepper in a shallow dish.
- Carefully using tongs, dip each bacon slice into the brown sugar mixture, pressing down to stick. Do this on both sides. Put back on the rack and bake for another 5 minutes. Flip over and bake for another 5 minutes. At the very end, put under the broiler for 15-30 seconds on each side. Do not burn!
- Place onto another clean cooling rack.
How to Make Homemade Hot Chocolate
In a saucepan, heat brown sugar and milk over medium heat. Whisk until combined. Add cocoa powder and whisk. Let come JUST to a boil.
Serve with whipped cream or marshmallows. Add candied bacon slices. Also, for more bacon-y goodness, garnish with chopped candied bacon.
If you liked this recipe, try my spicy version.