4th of July Cake Mix Cookies are an easy red white and blue cookie recipe that uses cake mix for a perfectly doughy cookie. Dip in melted chocolate and decorate with sprinkles.
Add these to the dessert table to round out your perfect 4th of July spread. Serve with a Hot Dog Bar, Fruit Kabobs, and Corn Avocado Salad for an all-American cookout.
This post contains affiliate links.
4th of July Cake Mix Cookies Ingredients
To make these 4th of July cookies, you will need the following ingredients (go to the recipe below for amounts and instructions):
- vanilla or white cake mix
- vegetable oil
- vanilla extract
- red melting chocolate
- white melting chocolate
- blue melting chocolate
- Red, white, and blue sprinkles of choice
How to Make Red White and Blue Cake Mix Cookies
- In a large bowl, add the cake mix, eggs, vegetable oil, and vanilla. Stir until well incorporated. Chill the dough for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- When the dough is done chilling, scoop the dough into 1 to 1 ½-inch balls using a cookie scoop or spoons, and place them on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes in the preheated oven. Do not overbake. Let the cookies cool completely before the next step.
- Melt each of the red, white, and blue melting chocolates in separate bowls in the microwave in 30 second intervals until the consistency is smooth and creamy.
- Dip half of a cooled cookie into the melted chocolate. Place back on the parchment paper. Immediately add the sprinkles of your choice.
- Let the melting chocolate set naturally or pop the cookies into the refrigerator to set faster.
To keep your cookies fresh, store in a ziplock bag or air tight container for up to 3 days at room temperature.
- Cake mix cookies tend to be very delicate. Make sure they are completely cooled before attempting to dip them in the chocolate. Handle with care!
- Do not place cookies with melted chocolate on a wire rack to set – they will harden around and stick to the cooling rack!