Valentine’s Day Chocolate Covered Pretzels are the perfect sweet and salty dessert to celebrate the holiday. Chocolate dipped pretzels are an easy treat even the kids can help make!
Chocolate Covered Pretzels Ingredients
To make chocolate pretzels, you will need the following ingredients (see the recipe card for exact amounts):
- White chocolate melting wafers
- Milk chocolate melting wafers
- Red candy melts
- Pretzel rods
- Red and pink sprinkles
How to Make Valentine’s Day Chocolate Covered Pretzels
- Melt the white chocolate wafers, milk chocolate wafers and red candy melts separately according to the instructions on the package. (I melt them in the microwave for thirty seconds, stir then melt again for thirty seconds stir then melt for 10 second at a time until they are completely melted.)
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Next, dip the pretzel rod halves in the milk chocolate and white chocolate and drip off the excess then set them on the baking tray and add sprinkles at this point if you don’t want to drizzle them with the red candy melt.
- If you are drizzling them with the red candy melts, let them dry fully then lightly drizzle the candy melts onto them with a fork. Alternatively, add the candy melts to a Ziploc bag and cut a pin size hole in the bottom and drizzle the candy that way.
- Add sprinkles if you want at this point and let them dry fully for about 10 minutes.
The chocolate covered pretzel sticks should be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.