Oatmeal Raisin Chocolate Chip Cookies are a classic cookie recipe that are a perfect combination of sweet and salty. They are easy to make with ingredients you might already have in your pantry.
I buy so many ingredients for Christmas cookies, that I don’t always know what to do with the leftovers. Most of my baking happens during Christmas time and I don’t want these delicious goodies to go to waste sitting in my pantry. One way to use up baking goods is to throw them all together in Monster Cookies.
This post contains affiliate links.
Oatmeal Raisin Chocolate Chip Cookies Ingredients
To make this cookie recipe, you will need the following ingredients (see the recipe card below for exact amounts):
- brown sugar
- baking soda
- pure maple extract (optional)
- chocolate chips
How to Make Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and place parchment paper on large baking sheets.
- Use a stand mixer to combine the butter and sugar together until smooth. Then, add in the eggs, salt and maple extract.
- Add the oats and the rest of the dry ingredients and mix again, but only until combined.
- Toss in the raisins and chocolate chips,then stir with a large spoon.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop the dough onto the baking sheets, leaving room for the cookies to spread.
- Bake for 9 to 11 minutes, until the edges start to turn golden brown.
- Let cool on the tray.
Parchment Paper – I never bake anything in the oven without putting down parchment paper first. It will prevent the cookies from sticking and makes clean up so easy.
Place the cookies in an air tight container. They can be stored at room temperature for 2 to 3 weeks.