These red, white and blue No Bake 4th of July thumbprint cookies are as easy as mix, chill, and eat! No baking is necessary for this tasty dessert.
If you love soft, chewy cookies, you have to try this recipe. Although they are called cookies, they are more like doughy cake balls. SO GOOD! These little cookies are so easy to pop in your mouth, you won’t be able to stop eating them!
These cookies are perfect for your Fourth of July barbecues. This month is usually hot, and no bake cookies are a great way to avoid adding heat in the kitchen. You do not need to turn your oven on for yummy treats!
No Bake 4th of July Thumbprint Cookies Ingredients
To make this easy Fourth of July cookie recipe, you will need the following ingredients (scroll down to the recipe card below for the full recipe):
- Cream cheese
- Yellow cake mix
- Powdered sugar
- Patriotic M&Ms
How to Make No Bake 4th of July Cookies
- With a mixer, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Add dry cake mix and whip until uniform.
- Form dough into 1-inch balls and place them on a baking sheet. You should have about 36 cookies.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Roll balls in powdered sugar and press an M&M in the center. For a clean look, I try to make sure the “m” is facing down.
Can I Make These Ahead of Time?
You can keep these cookies in the fridge until ready to eat. However, the powdered sugar tends to absorb into the cookie over time, so wait to roll them in powdered sugar until you are ready to serve.
More Patriotic 4th of July Desserts
- 4th of July Oreos
- 4th of July Poke Cake
- Star Shaped Rice Krispie Treats
- American Flag Fruit Pizza
- Patriotic Mini Pies