This Copycat Shamrock Shake recipe is festive and delicious. This milkshake is made with mint chocolate chip ice cream, and green food coloring gives it that extra green color.
This shake tastes just like the McDonald’s version you get around St. Patrick’s Day. Enjoy your favorite seasonal shake at home at time of the year with this recipe.
All you need is a blender to make this tasty ice cream shake. It’s as easy as blend and serve!
This post contains affiliate links.
Copycat Shamrock Shake Ingredients
To make this copycat shamrock shake, you will need the following ingredients (see the recipe card below for exact amounts):
- mint chocolate chip ice cream
- green gel food coloring
- Whipped cream for topping
- Chocolate mints for topping (or sprinkles!)
How to Make a McDonald’s Copycat Shake
- Add ice cream, milk, and food coloring to your favorite blender and mix well.
- Pour into a tall glass (like these fountain shop soda glasses) and top with whipped cream and chocolate mints or sprinkles.
Want to make it an adult version? Add Bailey’s Irish Cream for a Boozy Shamrock Shake!
You can use low calorie, fat free, or sugar free ingredients in this recipe and it still tastes great. Cool Whip makes a sugar free whipped topping that tastes amazing! You might also want to try Halo ice cream, which has really low calories, if you are okay with artificial sweetener.
More Delicious Copycat Recipes
- Copycat P.F. Chang’s Mongolian Beef
- Copycat Sonic Cherry Limeade
- Copycat Chick-fil-A Frosted Lemonade
- Copycat Starbucks Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew