The Chocolate Pumpkin Whoopie Pie is the cookie sandwich you didn’t know you needed in your life. A creamy pumpkin filling is smashed between two cookies with chocolate chunks in this whoopie pie recipe. You will love this fall recipe!
Fall is in the air finally and it is the perfect time to add pumpkin to your favorite desserts. This recipe is not as complicated as you might think, so give it a try.
Whoopie Pie Ingredients
Don’t let the long list of ingredients make you nervous. Most of these baking ingredients are staples that can be found in your pantry and fridge.
- white flour
- cocoa powder
- vanilla extract
- baking soda and baking powder
- light brown sugar
- Hershey’s bar
- pumpkin puree
- powdered sugar
Tools You Need for This Recipe
Hand mixer or stand mixer
Spoon or Cookie Scoop
How to Make Chocolate Pumpkin Whoopie Pies
- Preheat the oven to 350℉.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cocoa powder. In another bowl, combine white and brown sugars, butter, egg and pumpkin puree. Pour the wet ingredients into dry mixture and mix until dough forms.
- Chop up the Hershey’s bar into chunks. Fold in the chocolate chunks.
- Scoop the mixture onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, until set. Let cool.
- Using a hand mixer or stand mixer, beat butter until smooth. Add pumpkin and vanilla and mix for 1 minute. Add powdered sugar and slowly incorporate.
- Once it comes together, beat on medium-high for 1-2 minutes. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use, when the cookies have completely cooled.
- Now you are ready to assemble each chocolate pumpkin whoopie pie.
- Using a spatula or a pastry bag, add filling to the flat side of one cookie, and top with another cookie.
And that’s it! You now have a delicious pumpkin dessert.