Caramel Apple Dip is a fluffy cream cheese dip topped with caramel sauce and toffee. This dessert dip is best served with apples or your favorite fruit.
Caramel Apple Dip Ingredients
To make this apple dip recipe, you will need the following (go to the recipe below for quantities and directions):
- Cream cheese
- Whipped topping: Feel free to use homemade whipped cream or Greek yogurt if the whipped topping is too sweet.
- Lemon juice: Use fresh or from concentrate. The lemon juice is used to brighten to flavor. For more of a bright lemon flavor, add 2 teaspoons of lemon zest.
- Maple syrup
- Vanilla extract
- Salt: This is optional. If you do add any, add very little – about 1/4 teaspoon or less.
- Caramel syrup: I used Ghirardelli caramel sauce which was quite thin in consistency, but you can also use a thicker caramel syrup for even more caramel flavor.
- Toffee chips: You may also enjoy chocolate flavored toffee chips
- Apples: I like Granny Smith and Gala apples for dipping, but you can use whatever apples you like.
How to Make Caramel Apple Dip
- Make cream cheese mixture. Beat softened cream cheese and whipped topping together until smooth and creamy.
- Add rest of ingredients. Mix in maple syrup, lemon juice, vanilla extract, and salt until well combined.
- Plate and add toppings. Add dip to a shallow bowl or plate. Drizzle on caramel syrup. Sprinkle on toffee chips.
- I dip, you dip, we dip. Dip sliced apples into caramel dip. Enjoy!
Depending on the shallowness and size of the bowl or plate, you may want to use more or less caramel syrup and toffee chips.
Put dip into an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. This dip doesn’t freeze well, so use it quickly!
My personal favorite for this dip are Granny Smith apples because the tartness works well against the sweetness of the dip. However, you can use any crisp apple, like Red Delicious, Honeycrisp, or Pink Lady.
You can dip a lot of other foods into this dip. I would try dipping pears, pineapples, graham crackers, pretzels, strawberries, bananas, or vanilla wafers.
Some people enjoy the cream cheese dip more than the caramel and toffee bits, so you can add the amounts to your liking. You could have this dip without any caramel or toffee bits.
Caramel Apple Dip
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 ½ cups whipped topping thawed
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt optional
- ¼ cup caramel syrup
- ¼ cup toffee chips
- sliced apples for dipping
- Beat softened cream cheese and whipped topping together until smooth and creamy.
- Mix in maple syrup, lemon juice, vanilla extract, and salt (optional) until well combined.
- Add dip to a shallow bowl or plate.
- Drizzle on caramel syrup. Sprinkle on toffee chips.
- Dip sliced apples into caramel dip. Enjoy!
The nutrition information is calculated using online nutrition calculators and may not be accurate. It is provided as a general guide only.
The recipe and photos contained herein are the property of Emily Enchanted© and may not be copied.