Triple Chocolate Cheese Ball Dessert Dip is a rich and dense cream cheese ball made with chocolate cake mix, chocolate chips and chocolate sprinkles. This is the best chocolate dessert you can serve!
Chocoholics everywhere will enjoy dipping their favorite cookie or cracker into this chocolate chip cheese ball.
This post contains affiliate links.
Chocolate Cheese Ball Ingredients
To make this sweet dessert dip recipe, you will need the following ingredients (scroll to the recipe below for quantities and directions):
- Mini Chocolate Chips
- Chocolate Cake Mix: no baking necessary, the cake mix goes right into the dip
- Cream Cheese and Butter: thesehelp hold all the ingredients together
- Brown Sugar
- Powdered Sugar
- Chocolate Sprinkles: if you do not have sprinkles, you can use mini chocolate chips as the outer shell also
How to Make a Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball
All you have to do to make this chocolate chip cheese ball dip is mix the ingredients, cover in sprinkles, and chill!
- Mix the ingredients. Add all ingredients except sprinkles into a large mixing bowl. Mix well and knead with hands until well combined. It will be sticky!
- Form the cheese ball. Roll into a ball with hands. Sprinkle entire cheese ball with chocolate sprinkles until it is completely covered. You can lightly press the sprinkles into the cheese ball with your fingers.
- Chill and serve. Chill in the fridge for 3 hours. Serve with your favorite cookies or crackers.
Can I Eat Raw Cake Mix?
Raw cake mix contains raw flour, which people are warned against eating because it has been linked to E. coli. This is why you may have heard its not safe to eat raw cookie dough.
If you are worried about the raw flour, you can heat the cake mix to an internal temperature of 165 degrees. I explain how to do that in my Bunny Butt Cheese ball recipe.
Tips for Chocolate Chip Cream Cheese Ball
- If your cheese ball is too sticky to handle, you can form it into a ball using a piece of plastic wrap. Chill it in the fridge with the plastic wrap still on. You can then apply the sprinkles after the cheese ball has chilled, by lightly pressing them into the chilled dip.
- Chill the cheese ball on the plate you are going to serve it on, so you don’t have to try to transfer it.
- If you don’t even want to bother shaping the dip into a ball, just serve it in a bowl! The shape does not affect the taste and it will be just as good.
What to Serve with Cream Cheese Ball Dessert
This is a super sweet dessert dip recipe, so take that into consideration when deciding what to serve with it. You might want to serve with a cheese knife to spread the dip onto thinner crackers so they do not break.
- Vanilla Wafers
- Shortbread Cookies
- Graham Crackers
- Saltine Crackers
- Animal Crackers
- Pepperidge Farm Milano Cookies