This Black Bean and Corn Salsa recipe is perfect for summer barbecues or Mexican dinner night! It is full of flavor and so colorful.
This salsa is so versatile and goes with so many dishes. You can use it for a chips and salsa appetizer, or add it to your main meal.
Black beans, corn, onion, and bell pepper are mixed in a delicious dressing of olive oil, lime juice, seasoning and cilantro. Cilantro is one of my favorite herbs. It is so refreshing!
Black Bean and Corn Salsa Ingredients
To make this easy salsa recipe, you will need the following ingredients (scroll down to the recipe below for precise amounts):
- Canned Black Beans
- Canned Corn
- Red Onion
- Red Bell Pepper
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Limes: Out of limes? Use lemon juice instead.
- Seasonings: Dried Oregano, Smoked Paprika (or cumin), Salt and Pepper
How to Make Salsa
Black Bean and Corn Salsa is simple to make. Be sure to chop the veggies pretty small.
- Prepare the veggies. Place black beans, corn, red onion, red bell pepper, scallions and cilantro in a large bowl. Mix thoroughly, set aside.
- Make sauce. Add extra virgin olive oil, lime juice, dried oregano, smoked paprika and salt and pepper to a medium bowl. Mix well until all ingredients are well incorporated. You can add more olive oil as needed. I don’t like to add too much because the leftovers get “soupy” when sitting for a while.
- Toss the ingredients. Pour the liquid mixture over the salsa and mix thoroughly so the salsa is evenly coated. If desired, add additional salt and pepper, to taste.
- Chill. Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour before serving. If you added to much of the liquid mixture, you can drain it through a colander. I prefer just enough liquid to make the salsa wet, but not dripping.
What to Serve with Salsa
This salsa is so good and it can be served with almost anything! Here are my favorite ways to eat black bean and corn salsa:
- With tortilla chips as a dip. Any chips will work, but I love Scoops or lime chips.
- As a topping on Tex-Mex Burgers
- Over Steak Tacos
- In a Burrito
- As a compliment to seasoned, grilled Chicken Breast
- or eat it by itself!
How Much Does This Recipe Make?
This chunky salsa recipe makes 2 1/2 cups of salsa, about 10 servings. Feel free to double it for a crowd.
If you have leftovers, you can keep in the fridge in an air-tight container.
Black Bean and Corn Salsa Recipe
- 15 oz canned black beans drained and rinsed
- 15 oz canned corn drained and rinsed
- ¼ medium red onion chopped
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 3 Tablespoons scallions chopped
- ¼ cup cilantro chopped
- 1/8 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 limes juiced
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place black beans, corn, red onion, red bell pepper, scallions and cilantro in a large bowl. Mix thoroughly, set aside.
- Add extra virgin olive oil, lime juice, dried oregano, smoked paprika and salt and pepper to a medium bowl. Mix well until all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Pour liquid mixture over salsa and mix thoroughly so the salsa is evenly coated. If desired, add additional salt and pepper, to taste.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour before serving.
The nutrition information is calculated using online nutrition calculators and may not be accurate. It is provided as a general guide only.
The recipe and photos contained herein are the property of Emily Enchanted© and may not be copied.