Rocky Road Brownies are a delicious chocolate brownie recipe with nuts, marshmallows and espresso. So decadent and chewy!
You are familiar with the ice cream. Now you can enjoy those delightful flavors in a warm brownie.
Rocky Road Brownies Ingredients
To make brownies with cake mix, you will need the following ingredients (see the recipe card below for exact amounts):
- Brownie Mix
- Espresso Powder
- Vegetable Oil
- Marshmallow Fluff
- Chocolate Chunks
How to Make Brownies with Marshmallows
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine the brownie mix and espresso powder in a large bowl. Add the water, vegetable oil, and egg into the brownie mix and stir until combined. Next, pour the brownie batter into a prepared 9×9 baking dish.
- Drop dollops of marshmallow fluff onto the brownie batter. Then, using a knife, draw it through the mix to create a swirl pattern in the brownies.
- Finally, sprinkle the chopped walnuts and chocolate chunks over the top the of the brownie mix.
- Bake for approximately 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean (baking time will vary based on the size of the dish, refer to the brownie box instructions for exact time).
How do I store the Rocky Road Brownies?
Brownies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for 5-7 days.
Can I eat these warm or cold?
Either. We love these fresh out of the oven or warmed up and served with ice cream, but they are just as delicious when cooled down to room temperature.
What kind of brownie mix should I use?
You can use your family’s favorite chocolate brownie mix.
Do I need to add the espresso powder?
No, the brownies will still come out delicious without the espresso powder. I love adding some form of coffee to my brownies because it really helps the chocolate flavor to pop!