Rocky Road Brownies are a delicious chocolate brownie recipe with nuts and marshmallows. So decadent and chewy!
You are familiar with the ice cream. Now you can enjoy those delightful flavors in warm brownies.
This super easy recipe uses packaged brownie mix which means less measuring and quick cleanup.
Rocky Road Brownies Ingredients
To make brownies with cake mix, you will need the following ingredients (see the recipe card below for exact amounts):
- Brownie Mix: you can use your family’s favorite chocolate brownie mix. Using premade mix means you don’t need to measure out the unsweetened cocoa powder, sugar, salt, or flour.
- Espresso Powder: I promise these brownies do not taste like coffee! Espresso really elevates the chocolate flavor.
- Vegetable Oil
- Marshmallow Fluff: Mini marshmallows also work if layered on top.
- Walnuts: You can also use almonds or peanuts.
- Chocolate Chunks: You can substitute a cup chocolate chips.
How to Make Brownies with Marshmallows
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine the dry ingredients (brownie mix and espresso powder) in a large bowl. Add the water, vegetable oil, and egg into the brownie mix and stir until combined. Next, pour the brownie batter into a prepared 9×9 baking dish.
- Drop dollops of marshmallow fluff onto the brownie batter. Then, using a knife, draw it through the mix to create a swirl pattern in the brownies.
- Finally, sprinkle the rocky road topping of chopped walnuts and chocolate chunks over the top the of the brownie mix.
- Bake for approximately 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean (baking time will vary based on the size of the dish, refer to the brownie box instructions for exact time).
Either. We love these fresh out of the oven or warmed up and served with ice cream, but they are just as delicious when cooled down to room temperature.
No, the brownies will still come out delicious without the espresso powder. I love adding some form of coffee to my brownies because it really helps the chocolate flavor to pop!
Brownies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for 5-7 days.