Poison Apple Vodka Shooters are so fun and easy. Halloween test tube shots taste like green apple and will be a hit at any Halloween party.
This post contains affiliate links.
Poison Apple Vodka Shooters Ingredients
To make these Halloween test tube shots, you will need the following ingredients (see the recipe card below for exact amounts):
- Smirnoff Green Apple Vodka
- Soda Water
- Simple Syrup: You can buy premade simple syrup or make it yourself. Bring 1 cup water and 1 cup sugar to a boil, stirring until dissolved. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Neon Green Gel Food Dye
- Black Gel Food Dye
Special Items Needed
There are few special items needed to make Poisoned Apple Shots that you may not have in your kitchen already. It’s a good idea to buy these tools in advance so you have them when you are ready to create this recipe.
How to Make Test Tube Shots
- Pour both the vodka and club soda into the pourable measuring cup.
- Add the neon green dye to the cup and stir until the dye has dissolved and been thoroughly mixed into the liquid.
- Pour about 1.5 ounces into each vial.
- Place the black dye and simple syrup in the small bowl and mix well.
- Using a baking syringe, inject about half a teaspoon into each vial.
- Let them sit for just 2-3 minutes so the syrup settles a bit. Chill if desired and enjoy!
- If you want to add a burst of flavor to this shot, replace the club soda with green kool-aid, lime juice, or even sprite.
- The corks are not leak-proof. We found this out the hard way. They are easier to store if not filled all the way to the top, which is why we made them the way we did. Do not store them on their side. I highly recommend purchasing a test tube rack, or finding a creative way to keep them upright, such as storing in a red solo cup.
- These taste WAY better when chilled.
- If you want a neat way to display them, put a light shining behind them as this really draws out the separation of black and green in the vial.
Can I Make This Recipe Kid Friendly?
To make this kid-friendly, replace the vodka and green dye with Hawaiian Punch Green Berry Rush.
These store just fine in the fridge. I don’t suggest freezing them. You can technically store them outside the fridge, but they would keep longer in the fridge.