Cauliflower Rice can be made ahead of time and reheated for your favorite dishes. You can add seasonings or other vegetables to it – it’s totally customizable!
I recently made Cauliflower Rice for the first time and I cannot believe how good it is! It is so filling and better for you than traditional white rice.
To make Cauliflower Rice even more fun and visually appealing, you can use different colors like green cauliflower or orange cauliflower or purple flower. These are actual color variations and not made with food dyes.
Learn how to make cauliflower rice with this easy tutorial. It only takes 15 minutes to make and is a great resource for meal prep.
Riced Cauliflower Ingredients
This post contains affiliate links for your shopping ease.
To make Cauliflower Rice, you will need:
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper, or other seasonings
How to Make Riced Cauliflower in a Food Processor
(Note: 1 large head makes about 4 cups)
- Wash and thoroughly dry cauliflower, then remove all greens. Cut into smaller pieces.
- Using the grater attachment on the food processor, grate the cauliflower into rice-size pieces.
- Use the food pusher to push all the cauliflower down.
- If your cauliflower is wet or moist, transfer to a paper towel and press to remove any excess moisture.
- You can store the raw rice in the freezer up to 1 month. If you want to cook all or some right away, follow these next steps:
- To cook the cauliflower rice, saute the rice in a large skillet over medium heat in 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil.
- Cover with a lid to steam the cauliflower. Cook for a total of 5-8 minutes, depending on how tender you want your rice.
Store leftovers in the refrigerator up to 5 days.