This easy and delicious Taco Pizza with crescent roll crust is a great appetizer or snack. Crescent roll dough is baked and then layered with a sour cream and cream cheese “sauce,” ground beef, veggies and cheese.
This taco pizza appetizer is served cold. It is a great after school snack or appetizer for a party. You can cut the taco pizza into small or large squares, depending on how many you want to feed.
Crescent rolls are so delicious and I love making other dishes with them. These Baked Pepperoni and Cheese Crescent Pizza Rolls are really good, too.
Taco Pizza Ingredients
You’ll need a cookie sheet and parchment paper to make the taco pizza crust, and a bowl to mix the “sauce.”
- Crescent Rolls (you can buy the rolls or the sheet)
- Cream Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Ground Turkey or Beef
- taco seasoning packet
- shredded cheddar cheese
- mozzarella cheese
How to Make Taco Pizza
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Prepare a cookie sheet with a piece of parchment paper or a very light coating of non-stick spray.
- Open the crescent roll dough and unroll onto the prepared cookie sheet. Lightly press together the seams if any of them have separated. Cook in the oven for 10 minutes and set aside to cool.
- In a bowl, mix together the sour cream and cream cheese until most of the lumps have disappeared. Spread the mixture onto the cooled crust.
- Put the cookie sheet with the pizza crust in the fridge while you prepare the meat.
- Brown the meat and prepare it according to the instructions on your taco seasoning packet. Drain the meat.
- Take the pizza crust out of the fridge and spread the taco meat across the top. You will have some meat leftover. Sprinkle the cheese, lettuce, olives and tomatoes on top.
- Slice and serve!
Can I Make this Ahead of Time?
Taco pizza is best if served immediately, otherwise the crust might get soggy.
You can store leftovers in an air-tight container the refrigerator. I would not leave them in the fridge for longer than 2 days.
What Toppings Can I Use for Taco Pizza?
Because taco pizza is both taco and pizza, you can use traditional ingredients for both, such as cheddar cheese, mozzarella cheese, ground beef, olive, tomatoes and lettuce. You could also use:
- green chile
- crumbled yellow corn chips or taco shells
- and more. Get creative!