Smokey, spicy and cheesy, this chipotle chicken quesadilla recipe is the best low effort meal to spice up Taco Tuesday! Made with Colby jack cheese, rotisserie chicken and spicy chipotle peppers, it’s the perfect blend of flavors.
Chipotle Chicken Quesadilla Ingredients
To make this spicy chicken quesadilla, you will need the following ingredients (see the recipe card below for exact amounts):
- Sour cream
- Chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- Salted butter
- Large flour tortillas: if you have small tortillas, you can make crispy chicken tacos instead.
- Colby jack cheese: you can also used monterey jack cheese.
How to Make Chipotle Chicken Quesadillas
- Add the sour cream and as many chipotle peppers as you like with the sauce to a blender then blend until smooth.
- Add the chicken to a large bowl then pour in the chipotle sauce and toss to combine.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat then spread some butter on a tortilla and place it butter side down in the pan.
- Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of cheese on one half of the tortilla then spread 3 tablespoons of the chipotle chicken on top of the cheese.
- Sprinkle 1-2 more tablespoons of cheese on top then fold the plain side over and let it fry on each side for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Make the rest of the quesadillas then serve with lime wedges, sour cream, avocado slices and chopped cilantro for garnish if desired.
These quesadillas can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Reheat in a frying pan for 1-2 minutes on each side or until the cheese is gooey again.
Put your cooked chicken breasts in a stand mixer with the paddle attachment. Your chicken will be shredded in seconds!