These Mexican Stuffed Zucchini Boats are low carb and so satisfying! Zucchini is scooped out and filled with a vegetable and rice mixtures that is so tasty.
This meatless recipe will fill you up. Minimal prep is needed. You only have to cook the rice ahead of time. Mix all the ingredients together and fill the zucchini boats.
What You Need for Stuffed Zucchini Boats
This post contains affiliate links.
To make this zucchini boat recipe, you will need the following ingredients (scroll down to the recipe below for precise amounts):
- Black Beans
- Canned Corn
- Red Onion
- Diced Canned Fire Roasted Tomatoes with Green Chilies
- Italian Seasoning
- Taco Seasoning
- Lime Juice
- Salt and Pepper
- White Rice
- Shredded Mexican Cheese
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Avocado and Sour Cream: optional toppings
How to Make Stuffed Zucchini
- Preheat the oven to 425F. Grease a large baking pan with olive oil, set aside.
- Cook the rice according to package instructions and prepare the other ingredients.
- Mix the ingredients. In a large bowl, mix black beans, corn, red onion, diced tomatoes, Italian seasoning, taco seasoning, lime juice, 2 T cilantro, and salt and pepper. Mix well. Add in cooked rice and mix until all ingredients are well incorporated. Set aside.
- Prepare zucchini. Cut zucchini in half lengthwise, then use a spoon to scoop out the center to create a hollow zucchini boat. Discard the filling. Place zucchini in a row on baking pan. Lightly season the insides of the zucchini boat with salt and pepper.
- Bake the zucchini boats. Firmly pack rice mixture into boats. Sprinkle 1/2 of the bag of cheese over top. Cover with foil. Bake for 35 minutes. Remove from oven, let cool slightly and garnish with remaining cilantro. You can add avocado and drizzle with sour cream over top if desired.
- Try adding protein, like ground beef or turkey.
- You can substitute kidney beans or use a blend.
- Bell pepper, try red for a pop of color.
- Jalapeno, for added spice.
Weight Watchers Recipes
Do you ever have one of those days where you run out of points by dinner time? This is the perfect Weight Watchers recipe for those days.
These zucchini boats are only 2 points each! It almost seems impossible, but this Weight Watchers Freestyle recipe is loaded with zero point foods.
Here are some of my other Weight Watchers recipes: