White Chocolate Peppermint Fudge is a delicious Christmas candy recipe that only needs 5 ingredients and is easy to make.
The holidays are upon us and that means more time in the kitchen cooking! If you are looking for an easy dessert that will make everyone smile, you have to try this easy white chocolate peppermint fudge. It is made with 5 ingredients and is perfect for cookie exchanges, holiday parties or even gift giving. Let me show you how to make this easy fudge today!
There are some flavors that instantly remind you of the holiday season. One of my favorites is peppermint. It brings back such great memories of holidays spent with friends and family. One of my favorite Christmas cookie recipes is this Chocolate Peppermint Cookies recipe.
White Chocolate Fudge Ingredients
To make this peppermint fudge recipe, you will need the following (go to the recipe below for exact amounts and instructions):
- White chocolate: I suggest using a good quality white chocolate for this fudge. The better the chocolate, the better the fudge! I love using Ghiradelli white chocolate chips but you can also use white chocolate bark or any other white chocolate. You can most likely find your white chocolate in the baking aisle.
- Sweetened condensed milk: You will need one 14 ounce can of sweetened condensed milk. It can be found in the baking aisle next to the evaporated milk.
- Extracts: You need both peppermint and vanilla extract for this white chocolate peppermint fudge. Together they create a great flavor combination.
- Crushed peppermints: The crushed peppermints go on top of the fudge. You can also add them inside the fudge if you’d like. I prefer to use the soft peppermints but hard peppermint, such as a crushed candy cane, will work as well.
How to Make White Chocolate Fudge
This recipe uses white chocolate instead of milk chocolate and gives it a nice creamy texture. Peppermint extract is added to the white chocolate along with a bit of vanilla. The result is a decadent fudge made with white chocolate and peppermint.
- Melt the chocolate. Place your white chocolate and sweetened condensed milk in a medium saucepan over medium heat on the stove. Stir to combine the melting chocolate with the sweetened condensed milk. Once the chocolate starts to melt, you can remove it from the stove top and stir, stir, stir. The residual heat will continue to melt the chocolate.
- Add the extracts. After you remove the chocolate from the heat, stir in the peppermint and vanilla extracts to the melted chocolate. Stir to combine.
- Pour into baking dish. Pour the melted chocolate into a baking dish lined with parchment paper. Use the spatula to even out the top of the fudge.
- Chill. Crush your peppermints and add them to the top of your fudge. Press them into the fudge by using the palm of your hand. Place your baking dish in the fridge or freezer to harden.
- Cut into pieces. Remove the hardened fudge and cut it using a sharp knife. You will want to clear your nice after each cut to make sure it slices properly. The fudge will become softer the longer it is on the counter.
What Size Dish Should I Use to Make Fudge?
I suggest using an 8×8 baking dish to give you a good sized piece of fudge. You can use a larger baking dish, but your fudge will not be as thick.
If you have any leftover white chocolate peppermint fudge, you will want to store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It will keep for up to a week, if stored properly. Do not store this fudge on the counter.
Can I Freeze Fudge?
You can also freeze this fudge when you are done making it. Wrap the fudge in parchment paper and place it in a Ziploc bag. Place it in the freezer. It will keep for about a month in the freezer.