These New Year’s Eve Ball Drop Cupcakes are the perfect dessert for your New Year’s Eve Party! They are certainly impressive and creative. You get multiple treats in one!
I’d rather host a small party at my home for New Year’s than attempt to go out to a crowded bar. But that is just my nature and I love to host. If you are looking for a more “adult” cupcake, try these Champagne Cupcakes.
This post contains affiliate links.
New Years Eve Cupcakes Ingredients
To make these festive cupcakes, you will need the following ingredients (see the recipe card below for exact amounts):
- Mini Cupcakes, prepared and unfrosted (Use a mini cupcake pan and confetti cake mix)
- Vanilla Frosting
- Mini Chewy Sweetarts
- Yellow Gumballs
- Clear Plastic Shot Glasses
- Toothpicks, with frilly cellophane tops
- Gold and Silver Sugar Crystals
How to Make New Years Eve Cupcakes
- Frost cupcakes using a piping bag and tip, or you can just spread it on in a thick layer. Sprinkle gold and silver sugar all over the frosting.
- Pour some of the candy into each shot glass and fill almost halfway. Place a cupcake into each glass.
- Poke a gumball onto each toothpick, and poke a toothpick down into the frosting on top each cupcake. The ball can just rest on top the frosting.
Want more New Year’s ideas? Try these New Years Eve Cocktails.
Champagne Cupcakes | New Year's Cupcake Recipe
Wednesday 5th of December 2018
[…] These Champagne Cupcakes perfect for New Year’s Eve are made with real champagne! Even though I prefer to go to bed early, I love New Year’s parties. They are so full of anticipation and hope for the new year. This New Year’s cupcake recipe is very easy – you just add champagne to the cupcake mix with the rest of the wet ingredients and voilà! These sweet cupcakes are delicious! If you are looking for kid-friendly cupcakes, try these New Years Eve Ball Drop Cupcakes. […]
Melting Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes | Fun Summer Cupcake Recipe
Sunday 10th of June 2018
[…] If you love festive cupcakes, try these New Years Eve Ball Drop Cupcakes. […]