Eggnog White Russian is the perfect Christmas cocktail. Grab your favorite Christmas glass and unite eggnog with vodka and coffee liqueur for a Christmas drink that will blow you away.
This eggnog cocktail is so creamy and delicious, and you can have it your way – shaken or layered.
White Russians usually use cream, but why not use eggnog?! It adds just the right amount of Christmas flavor. Make it with a shot of espresso for the perfect pick-me-up after a long day of cooking in the kitchen or wrapping Christmas presents.
Eggnog White Russian Ingredients
To make this Christmas white russian recipe, you will need the following ingredients (go to the recipe below for exact quantities and instructions):
- Eggnog: I use a store bought alcohol-free eggnog (my favorite is Southern Comfort Eggnog) but feel free to use whatever you have on hand.
- Vodka: Any kind of vodka will work in this recipe. I opt for plain vodka but you could also use whipped cream or vanilla flavored vodka.
- Coffee liqueur: I use Kahlua in this recipe but you could also use a shot of espresso if you prefer.
- Ground Cinnamon
How to Make a Shaken White Russian
- Fill a cocktail shaker ¾ full with ice.
- Add the eggnog, vodka, and coffee liquor.
- Shake for 30 seconds and then strain into a lowball glass filled with ice.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of ground cinnamon and enjoy.
How to Make a Layered White Russian
- Fill a lowball glass with ice and add the coffee liquor.
- Top with vodka and then eggnog.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of ground cinnamon.
- Stir before enjoying.
I love a classic recipe, but I love to kick it up a notch even more! White Russians are pretty versatile and you can add a lot of different flavors and spices.