These eggnog cookies taste just like Christmas! Eggnog, white chocolate and the warm flavors of cinnamon and nutmeg make this cakey textured cookie hard to pass up.
Eggnog Cookies Ingredients
To make these eggnog Christmas cookies, you will need the following (scroll down to the recipe below for exact amounts and variations):
- all-purpose flour
- baking powder
- ground nutmeg
- salted butte
- light brown sugar
- rum extract
- white chocolate chips
How to Make Eggnog Cookies
This is a traditional cookie recipe with an intermission for chilling the cookie dough.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Make flour mixture. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Set aside.
- Make sugar/butter mixture. In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, cream together the butter, white sugar and brown sugar.
- Add rest of ingredients. Add the eggnog, egg, and rum extract beating until smooth. Add the flour mixture and stir until just combined. Fold in the white chocolate chips.
- Chill cookie dough. Use a cookie scoop to scoop tablespoonful of the dough and place them on the prepared cookie sheet 1 inch apart. Chill in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- Bake cookies. Heat the oven to 350F and bake for 15-18 minutes, until edges of the cookies are just beginning to brown.
- Cool the cookies. Allow to cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Tips for Eggnog Cookies
- Before baking you can place a few white chocolate chips on the top of each cookie to make them look a little bit prettier.
- You can bake these cookies without chilling the dough beforehand if you’re short on time. They will spread more, so you’ll want to give them a bit more room on the baking sheet, and they won’t have as much of a cakey texture but they still taste great!
Keep these cookies in an air tight container at room temperature for up to 4 days.
These cookies freeze well. Make sure they are completely cooled before putting them in a good quality air-tight freezer safe plastic container. Thaw completely, at room temperature, before serving.