Easy Tuna Casserole is creamy and delicious. This classic recipe made from scratch has a buttery, crispy topping.
Like many, you may have grown up with the classic Campbell’s tuna casserole made with Cream of Mushroom Soup. This recipe shows you how to make tuna casserole from scratch. It’s easier than you might think!
Easy Tuna Casserole Ingredients
To make this tuna dinner recipe, you will need the following ingredients (see the recipe card below for exact amounts):
- cream cheese
- sour cream
- paprika powder
- salt and pepper
- canned tuna: I always use tuna in water, not tuna in oil.
- cheddar cheese
- frozen peas
- rotini pasta
- Ritz crackers: You can also use bread crumbs.
How to Make Easy Tuna Noodle Casserole
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix the cream cheese in a large bowl until smooth then stir in the mayonnaise, sour cream, milk, paprika, salt and pepper until combined. Stir in the tuna, half of the cheese and the peas and finally stir in the pasta.
- Pour the mixture into a 9×13 inch casserole dish and spread it out evenly.
- Stir the crushed crackers and butter together in a small bowl. Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top of the casserole then sprinkle the ritz cracker mix on top.
- Cover the pan with aluminum foil and bake for 20 minutes then remove the aluminum foil and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Serve with freshly minced parsley for garnish if desired.
This casserole can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.