A Hot Dog Bar is a fun and interactive way to serve hot dogs at a summer cookout or during your favorite sports game. Choose your favorite condiments and toppings to create a custom hot dog!
With a hot dog board, you can mix and match toppings to make a classic hot dog, Chicago style dog, chili dog, or whatever your heart desires!
Hot Dog Bar Ingredients
To make this hot dog charcuterie board, you will need the following ingredients (go to the recipe below for exact quantities and instructions):
- Hot dogs
- Hot dog buns
- Coney sauce: Or make your own chili.
- Cheddar cheese
- Vidalia onion
- Sweet pickle relish
- Pickled jalapenos
- Yellow mustard
- Spicy brown mustard
How to Build Your Own Hot Dog Bar
- Prepare your hot dogs (I like to air fry hot dogs) and place them in the hot dog buns. Arrange the hot dog buns towards the center of your board.
- Next, let’s add all of our toppings. Start by choosing several small bowls and filling them with all your toppings. Then arrange the bowls in a circular pattern around the board’s edge.
- Finally, add your potato chips, placing them in all the empty spaces to complete your hot dog board.
- Don’t forget to add your spoons for serving the condiments! Serve and enjoy!
While you can use any style board, we used a circular board with a higher side to keep the chips and condiments from spilling over.
Store the remaining items in the refrigerator using an airtight container for each of the different ingredients that are leftover.
Feel free to substitute your favorite condiments and sauces for this board. You could easily substitute or add hamburgers for additional protein options for this board.