This tasty Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough is made with peanut butter and chickpeas. There are no butter or eggs in this cookie dough, so it is completely edible!
This cookie dough is amazing in this Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Freakshake recipe.
This post contains affiliate links.
Vegan Cookie Dough Ingredients
To make this edible cookie dough recipe, you will need the following ingredients (scroll down to the recipe below for precise amounts):
- organic chickpeas (aka garbanzo beans)
- unsalted, natural peanut butter
- pure maple syrup
- Himalayan salt
- pure vanilla extract
- vegan chocolate chips
How to Make Cookie Dough
- First, drain and rinse the chickpeas. Remove the skins/peels of the chickpeas.
- Rinse the chickpeas again and pat dry before transferring into your food processor. A blender might work, but it could heat up the mixture too much, so that when you add the chocolate chips, they would melt. You would have to be chill the dough for a little bit before you add the chocolate chips.
- Add the peanut butter, salt, vanilla and maple syrup to the food processor and pulse or let it whip until you have a super smooth consistency.
- The dough starts to ball up a bit towards the end and needs to be pushed back down in the food processor to make sure it gets all the little bits.
- Scoop the packed cookie dough into a small mixing bowl and fold in the chocolate chips. Of course, you can add more chocolate chips if you would like!
- And that is it! Enjoy your delicious edible vegan chocolate chip cookie dough.
Do I Have to Peel the Chickpeas?
This recipe requires you to peel each individual chickpea, which requires some patience!
This step can be skipped, but it would change the texture and that’s an important factor when it comes to replicating the flavor and consistency of conventional cookie dough. It takes about 12 uninterrupted minutes to peel a whole can of chickpeas.
You can store the vegan chocolate chip cookie dough in an air tight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. You can also freeze the cookie dough, just let it thaw all the way before eating it so it won’t be mealy.