This basic recipe will show you how to get perfectly Roasted Sweet Potatoes. All you need is sweet potatoes, olive oil, salt and pepper. This delicious recipe is so simple and takes little time to make.
Peeling the skin off the sweet potato reveals a beautiful orange color. This is one reason why I love adding it to dishes. Sweet potatoes taste pretty great on their own, so I started roasting them with just a little olive oil and salt and pepper.
This post contains affiliate links.
Sweet Potato Recipe Ingredients
You only need a few ingredients for this recipe:
- Sweet potato
- Olive oil
- Salt & Pepper
How to Make Sweet Potatoes
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Peel sweet potato and dice into bite size pieces.
- Mix sweet potato in mixing bowl with 2 T olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Spread evenly on a baking sheet. [I don’t line the baking sheet with foil or parchment paper, but you can. It makes for easy cleanup.]
- Bake in oven for 20 to 30 minutes.
The sweet potato has the texture of a carrot and they are very thick, so use a sharp knife to get the perfect dice or the potato.
Are Sweet Potatoes and Yams the Same Thing?
Nope! This is a common mistake. There are white and purple sweet potatoes, as well as the deep orange sweet potatoes that are most commonly used in the kitchen.
More Amazing Sweet Potato Side Dishes
- Rosemary Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Onions
- Sweet Potato Casserole
- Sweet Potato Muffins
- Harvest Salad
- Sweet Potato Shepherd’s Pie