Red Velvet Hot Chocolate is a delicious warm beverage made from scratch with white chocolate. Red food coloring gives it that classic red velvet look.
This red velvet beverage makes a great drink for Christmas or Valentine’s Day.
Red Velvet White Hot Chocolate Ingredients
To make this red velvet drink, you will need the following ingredients (go to the recipe below for exact amounts):
- Whole milk
- White chocolate
- Mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Vanilla extract
- Red Food coloring
How to Make Red Hot Chocolate
- In a small saucepan, warm milk until it begins to steam.
- Add the granulated sugar and whisk until dissolved.
- Add the white chocolate and semi-sweet chocolate to the milk and continue to warm, stirring constantly until the chocolate is melted.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and add red food coloring. Add red coloring until desired shade of red is reached.
- Serve immediately with toppings.
Tips for Making Hot Chocolate from Scratch
- The milk should be extremely warm, but not boiling. Boiled milk will start to coagulate and become curdled milk.
- Stir constantly once chocolate is added so it doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Add whipped topping and extra chopped chocolate for toppings.