Mint Chocolate Crinkle Cookies are an easy cake mix cookie rolled in powdered sugar. They are fun to make and even more fun to eat!
Crinkle cookies are so fun to watch bake in the oven. The powdered sugar makes a cracking pattern on the cookie when the cookie starts to spread out. You can make them any time of year but I love to make these as part of my Christmas cookies routine.
Mint Chocolate Crinkle Cookies Ingredients
To make these chocolate crinkle cookies, you will need the following ingredients (scroll down to the recipe below for precise amounts):
- Devil’s Food Cake Mix
- Vegetable Oil
- Andes Crème de Menthe Baking Chips: if you can’t find them in your store, you can buy them online here
- Powdered Sugar
How to Make Crinkle Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Make the batter. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, eggs, and vegetable oil. Fold the Andes Crème de Menthe Baking Chips into the batter.
- Chill the cookie dough. Place the batter into the fridge for 20-30 minutes to chill.
- Coat the cookie dough with powdered sugar. Roll dough into 1 inch balls, or use a cookie scoop. Lightly coat each ball with powdered sugar before placing on the cookie sheet.
- Bake the cookies. Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until set. Transfer from the cookie sheet to a wire rack to cool.
You can store the cookies in an airtight container for up to 7 days.
Do I Have to Use Devil’s Food Cake Mix?
There are a lot of varieties of chocolate cake mix out there. It is okay to substitute another variety if you choose, but I find that the Devil’s Food works best for this recipe.
What if I Can’t Find Andes Crème de Menthe Baking Chips?
Not to worry! It’s an extra step, but you can buy the bars of Andes Chocolates and just chop them up manually.
Tips for Crinkle Cookies
- I find the dough can be a bit sticky, which is why I recommend chilling it before coating in powdered sugar.
- I use a cookie scoop and drop the dough directly into the powdered sugar. This is easier and less messy. If you do not have a cookie scoop, just dip your fingers in the powdered sugar before rolling the dough into a ball.
- Be sure to give each cookie plenty of room on the baking sheet, they almost double in size!
Mint Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, eggs, and vegetable oil.Fold the Andes Crème de Menthe Baking Chips into the batter.
- Place the batter into the fridge for 20-30 minutes to chill.
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls, or use a cookie scoop.
- Lightly coat each ball with powdered sugar before placing on the cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until set.
- Transfer from the cookie sheet to a wire rack to cool.
The nutrition information is calculated using online nutrition calculators and may not be accurate. It is provided as a general guide only.
The recipe and photos contained herein are the property of Emily Enchanted© and may not be copied.