Frosty the Snowman will tempt you every day with these incredible Melted Snowman Oreo Balls. Crushed Oreos and cream cheese are combined and covered in white chocolate. Sprinkles and Rolos complete the snowman’s look!
This post contains affiliate links.
Melted Snowman Oreo Balls Ingredients
To make this Christmas treat, you will need the following ingredients (scroll down to the recipe card below for exact amounts and directions):
- Oreo cookies
- Cream cheese
- Vanilla frosting: If you want to switch this out for chocolate frosting, feel free to do that and change the flavor of this Oreo ball.
- Vanilla almond bark: White chocolate chips can be used instead, but they can be a little trickier to work with. You may need some shortening to melt white chocolate chips to the right consistency.
- Rolo candies: If you don’t have Rolo candies, you can use just the mini-Oreos instead.
- Mini Oreos: You can just use Rolo candies instead if you don’t have mini-Oreos.
- Assorted festive sprinkles: I used this package of sprinkles. You’ll need to make a snowman’s face with the sprinkles that you have, so find sprinkles that can make a snowman face. Look for some black circular sprinkles and orange nonpareil sprinkles.
Special Tools Needed
You will need the following kitchen tools:
Parchment paper or wax paper
Double boiler or small saucepan and heatproof bowl
How to Make Snowman Balls
- Prepare two sheet pans by lining them with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix the crushed Oreo cookies, cream cheese, and vanilla frosting together until fully combined.
- Roll into 1-inch balls and then place on a sheet pan. Put the sheet pan in the freezer or refrigerator to chill for 15 minutes.
- While the Oreo balls chill, use a double boiler or microwave to melt the vanilla almond bark until smooth and creamy.
- Once the Oreo balls are chilled, dip each ball into the vanilla almond bark and then place them back on the sheet pan to set.
- Before the chocolate sets completely, decorate the Oreo balls by creating snowman hats with the Rolo candies and mini-Oreos. Take half of the mini-Oreo and place it on top of the Oreo ball as the hat brim.
- Then place the Rolo candy on top with the narrow side pointing down. Use extra vanilla almond bark to make sure all the decorations stick together.
- Use the assorted sprinkles to create a face for the snowman and then place in the refrigerator to chill for another hour, optional.
- Plate and serve cold.
Keep these in a container and in the refrigerator. These are great if chilled until served, and they will keep in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks. If you like the chocolate soft, you can keep them at room temperature for about a week.
- In order to soften the cream cheese, leave at room temperature for about 45 minutes to an hour. You can also place it in a microwaveable bowl with the frosting and microwave for about 30 seconds. The frosting may melt more than you expect, but this makes it easier to mix and combine with the Oreo crumbs. In this way, you are softening the cream cheese and frosting all at once, and you will have an easier time forming the Oreo balls. However, there is a danger of melting the frosting too much, and if that’s the case, put the mixture of Oreo crumbs, frosting, and cream cheese into the refrigerator for 10 minutes in order to chill. This will make the balls easier to form.
- Use a spoon to roll the Oreo balls into the melted almond bark, then lift them back out onto the parchment paper.
- Dip the narrow part of the Rolo into the melted almond bark before sticking it onto the mini Oreo so that it stays better.
More Cute Christmas Treats
Snow Globe Cookies
Gingerbread Cheesecake Bites
Christmas Lights Sugar Cookies